If my issue crossed due date, then issue's Due date should updated automatically by upcoming date. Is that possible with automation?
Note: I'm using Jira service project.
Yes I believe it can.
You could set up a Rule where the Trigger is Schedule, and give it a JQL to find issues where Due Date is in the past, and add an action to update the Due Date field.
I'm quite not sure how to make setup and which automation option I should select?
PFB:
Here is a link to the documentation for Automation which explains the basic concepts and how to create automation rules, as well as more detailed documentation.
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-cloud-automation/
Trigger: ScheduleRequires you to also specify a JQL for the issues you want to operate on when the rule runs. You'll need a JQL for finding issues where the Due Date is in the past.
Next component: Action: Edit IssueUpdate the Due Date field to the value you want.
Hi @Trudy P Claspill
I tried your suggestion with Automation and somewhat it is working also, but still I'm unable to get exact output.
What I want:
Two things I want to know:
Inside Trigger: Schedule
JQL: status in ("In Review", "ON HOLD", Pending, Reopened, TODO, "Work in progress") AND due <= "0"
Next component: Action: Edit Issue
{{now.plusBusinessDays(1)}}
Please note: Here I want to remove business days and need expected output.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.