I have a set of rules on Zendesk that when triggered it will automatically route the ticket to Jira. Problem is that I want the routed ticket to be automatically Linked to that Zendesk Ticket where it came from. The linking process can be done on Jira App for Zendesk but in a manual way. Is there a way to do it like once Zendesk forwards the ticket to Jira it's automatically Linked to the Zendesk ticket where it came from?
Hi,
I think you will need a plugin like Exalate for that.
Hi @Justine
This is Dhiren from Exalate.
Exalate, provides a fully bi-directional synchronization between Zendesk and Jira (among other ITSM systems) that is fully customizable. It is easy to set up and the entire customization can be configured using a no-code interface.
If you would like to see a customized demo of the product in action, feel free to book a slot with us.
ThanksDhiren
@Justine hi there! It is possible. A tool like ZigiOps can help you automatically connect Zendesk and Jira, bi-directionally. The tool can sync the two systems automatically and transfer any type of data. It can be customized to fit your use cases - you can tweak it to link any of your Zendesk tickets automatically to Jira and keep them up-to-date in real-time. Feel free to look at it and even book a demo to see how it can handle your use case.
Regards, Diana (ZigiWave)
A tool is not required. The way I have handled this is to have a trigger that calls a webhook to create the Jira ticket. I have a field in Jiira to capture the Zendesk ticket number. On the Jira side, I have an automation that when a ticket is created, if the Zendesk Ticket Number field is not empty it calls the Zendesk api/services/jira/links API and creates a link between the 2 tickets
@Margaret Boisvert Can you please share automation rule?
I wanted to implement the same rule in my instance.
@Sambasivaji Maganti I needed something similar and figured it out yesterday. Hope this helps you or anyone else from a Google search.
My requirements don't include a custom field but you can certainly use this as a starting point:
Then you can modify an automation rule to fill some custom field with step 5.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.