Hi! I have scoured the internet for a fix to this.
I am using Jira Automate to populate an email with contents from a JQL Query, that returns all the issues that are basically not completed.
The query works perfectly when interrogating in the Advanced Issue Search but does not populate the email.
-----------------
(assignee = currentUser()) AND ("status" = "To Do" OR status = "In Progress" OR status = "Waiting for response" OR status = "In QA" OR status = "Blocked")
------------------
When I try this one it works perfectly with my automation rule and populates the email perfectly.
--------------------------
((assignee = thisismyuserid12345678) AND ("status" = "To Do" OR status = "In Progress" OR status = "Waiting for response" OR status = "In QA" OR status = "Blocked"))
-----------------------------
So I know it is something to do with the currentUser value .
Both rules return the exact same issues / number of issues - the bottom one is the only one that successfully populates the email with the contents I need.
Any ideas?
Thanks 