I have an issue type called Bug and it is used in all of our JIRA projects.
I must be missing something and hoping someone can help.
Note that you will not be able to convert an issue to a sub-task if the issue has sub-tasks of its own. You will first need to convert the issue's sub-tasks to standalone issues (see below); you can then convert them to sub-tasks of another issue if you wish. Sub-tasks cannot be moved directly from one issue to another — you will need to convert them to standard issues, then to sub-tasks of their new parent issue.
This is quoted from the documentation of converting sub task, refer below for the documentation.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+a+Sub-Task#CreatingaSub-Task-converting
Hope this helps, cheers!
dang, I'm embarrased. I thought I checked the subtasks and you are correct. There was a subtask on the issue. Thanks for the quick response Richie.
No problem, glad to assist
Wow! I had to go back to the old view just to see the Convert to Sub-Task option. Any updates how we could find it on the new view?
I've just been through this to guide some users internally on the process, and happy to drop my screen shots and steps below in the hope this may help.
Hope this helps
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.