I was lead here by a question I posted on Stack Exchange.
https://softwarerecs.stackexchange.com/questions/81775/comment-tracking-in-google-docs-or-similar-with-replys
I am looking for a software that has the same look as "suggesting" in Google Docs, but is a simple "live" document with dot points. No canban cards, no fancy anything. Just tracking who has said what and when, with colours or similar per editor
Something like this:

I think the comment feature is good, but it is not "in the page" like the suggesting part. How would I make comments work "in the document" like the above? Automatically, so any non tech person could write a comment without having to worry about changing the font colour etc. Google docs knows who changed what text for example, so it would be like "seeing" the colours of the edits, or turning them on?
---
In Confluence you can @mention someone, but it doesn't have colour codes.
The "inline comment" system is the same as Google Docs, always on the side bar.
I would prefer it to be more like when I reply inline to an Email, I can write below, maybe indented a bit, when replying to a specific issue within the text.
I think I am dreaming of an old, retired Google tool that did this - and maybe no one else in the world wanted it then, or now... and that is why it was retired...
But love to know what this community think...