I have just started using Insight and have a hard time doing the following:
- I would like to build a CMDB, where I can keep track of all the components that make 'a service'.
Also I would like to see that in a graph, which components are connected to eachother (server to a router and a firewall, the OS residing on the server, our software residing on the machine, the SQL server; basically everything that makes 'the service').
SO far I achieved making object types and objects for the different types of asset. I have a nice list of all the servers we have in place for a specific customer, all the other hardware/components which are needed for the service to work, the OS on the machine, the used Service accounts, pretty much everything. I used linked some objects to eachother, and it gives already a little bit what I'm looking for.
What I don't understand yet on how I can achieve:
I have an auto generated 'Services' Object Schema. In here,
I have the Actual service I would like to have an overview of, and I assumed I could add all the components that would make the service somehow (picking them from the other objects I already made), and have a nice overview and a nice Graph.
I didn't find how to do this though, or am I doing this wrongly?