It appears that adding, removing, or changing the subtasks associated to a story or a bug are not recorded in the history of the story or bug. I'm wondering if I'm missing something.
We had a situation where a story was reassigned to someone due to capacity and load balancing. When the new assignee opened the story, he was surprised to see there were no subtasks associated to the story. At first, he concluded that the act of reassigning the issue might have wiped out any previous subtasks. I convinced him that was not the case... but then I looked to the history to see when/where subtasks might have been added or removed... and I was surprised to find I do not see changes to any subtasks being recorded in the issue history. I guess I just need to confirm this is the case. Our final conclusion in this particular case seems to be the original assignee of the story had not tasked out his story as he should have... thus, the new assignee would need to do so.
If there is any place where this detailed history is preserved and viewable?