I have no permission to delete a release ( version ) , how can I deal with it?
Hi @Martin Sun ,
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!!
Versions management is part of the project admin role. If you are a project admin, you can add, edit or delete versions.
If not you can ask your Project Admin to delete or add you to the Administrator project in the particular project.
Cheers,Mayur
Thanks Mayur for quick response. I am the project admin, but I am not able to delete the release from a company managed Software project. I made some version for testing purposes, but now I don't want these testing data. Is there any place to configure the permission?
In Team managed project, I can delete the version directly , but in company managed project. I can't..
@Mayur Jadhav
@Martin Sun ,
Choose Versions in the left menu. The Versions page is displayed, showing a list of versions and each version's status. From here you can manage the project's versions as described on this page.
Can you please share a screenshot ??
@Martin Sun Hiya, I had the same issue and fixed it by going to the Project settings > People and giving myself the Administrator role there too.
Thanks for looking after this issue. It was resolved by Jira Admin
To be able to delete versions in the company-managed projects the user must be granted the Administer Projects permission in the project permission scheme.
Project settings > Permission> Actions ( Top right ) > Edit Permission>Administer Projects ( Update roles ) FYI. @Konstantina
That worked for me! Thank you @Martin Sun!
I have the same issue and I solve adding myself to project.For some reason when you create a project you don't is automatically added as a member of project, for that reason even thought you are an Org Admin, you will not have Administration access to the project.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.