I have an approval workflow setup, but when I test it using a personal email, I am unable to approve a ticket. I also did not receive any notification that the ticket is awaiting my approval.
Hi @Matt Cliffer
I believe you will need to use a user picker field in order to make it work. Details: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-an-approval-to-a-workflow/
Regards
In addition to the article @Fabian Lim is referring to, also check how to configure approval by email documentation.
@Fabian Lim @Walter Buggenhout Hi guys, thanks for the help. I do have a user picker field enabled for the project that I have been using to test. When I assign myself or someone else internally, we receive a notification and are able to approve a ticket. However, when I choose a customer in that field, I have been using a personal email for myself that I have added to our Jira customers list, it does not notify me or allow me to approve it. We want our customers to have the ability to approve a ticket in this project. I noticed this:
I'm wondering if this is part of the issue. I disabled requests from the portal since we don't want customers to create requests in this project, only approve requests that we have created for them to approve/decline. Hopefully this adds more context for you guys to offer help. Thank you!
Hi @Matt Cliffer,
Yes, this is related. If an issue does not have a request type, it isn't visible in the portal at all. And then, obviously, it can't be approved their either.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.