I have followed this guide on how to add validators but have come up short on actually adding the validator because the expected "Add Validators" button is not there!Instead, the Validators tab displays: "No input parameters checks will be done before this transition is executed."I am looking to make a single field required for this workflow, namely, a "Fixed version" field must be set to transition an issue to the "Resolved" status.Any ideas? Thanks!
Hi @Grant Glendinning , I don't have an immediate answer but rather some things to look into.
I have this problem as well. I can see the "Add transition" in one project but not in the other. The other project I can see a disabled "Add post function" button.So what kind of difference in the two projects could it be that produces this behaviour?
I'm pretty sure I have Admin access on both projects, but not sure how to actually verfiy that. It says "Jira: admin access" on my user.
Hey @Jack Brickey
Thanks for the response and suggestions.
For reasons unknown, despite being Jira Admin, I logged out and back in, went through the various screens to get back to the appropriate screen to add the validator - and the Add Validator button has now appeared! Tested it out and does what I need.
Thanks!
It may be that you are a project admin but the workflow is shared with other projects. You could make a copy of the current workflow, and then we are fine if you could make the necessary edits that you desire. If you're able to do so, then you can replace the current workflow with the modified one.
Nice theory but it says the workflow is only shared with 1 project. I can still try to copy it and see if it helps.
It did help. Or creating a draft helped. In any case I can now add a validator 👍
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.