Hi There,
I've read 100s of forum posts now and I can't get to the bottom of my issue so reaching out in hope of finding an answer.
I have an "Employee" object schema with employee linked to their jira customer and a field for their location. Only 1 location can be selected. (please note we are not using Atlassian Access).

I have a custom field setup which checks the Reporter against the User and then shows the appropriate result from the Office field.

When I create a new issue and select the reporter, the Office custom field is then showing the correct search result in the drop down which is great.

What I really want to achieve though is for the search result to be saved into the field without us having to manually select it each time.
I've been trying to automate this so that when the ticket is created it updates the Office field with the search result returned but for the life of me I cannot get it to work.
Any suggests would be appreciated.
Thanks