Hello,
I am trying to import a workflow that has already been created for another project but I am having issues with that.
Help
@Jaqueline Daza -
Once the WF is shared by multiple projects, then you need to be aware that if any change made to the WF, it will be applied to all the shared projects once it is published.
A way to avoid this situation is by taking a copy of the WF that you want, then apply the copied WF to your specific JSM project.
Hope this helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
You don't need to import existing workflows, you can share them. Just associate the workflow with your issue types in the project's "workflow scheme"
Hi, that it what I am trying to do. I need to do some tests on a workflow but I don't want to mess things up for projects that are using the workflow. So I am just looking to copy the workflow.
Would you happen to know how I can copy this workflow to a specific project?
Regards.
Hi, that is what I am trying to do. I need to do some tests on a workflow but I don't want to mess things up for projects that are using the workflow. So I am just looking to copy the workflow.
Copying a workflow and using it in a project are totally separate actions.
You can make a copy of a workflow by using "copy" in the list of workflows.
You associate a workflow with a project by using it in the workflow scheme.
Here are the instructions -
Assuming you have sys admin right, if so:
1) Click on the clog wheel (Settings) symbol (located at the upper right of the window) >> Issues
2) From the Issues UI, select the Workflows option on the left
3) From the Workflows UI, locate the desire source WF that you want to copy from and use the "..." option and select "Copy".
This will create a copy of the WF.
4) You can then customize the copied WF (note at this time the WF is inactive).
5) Once completed, go you your specific JSM project and apply the copied WF to your project's workflow configuration scheme.
NOTE - You need also make sure that your project's Workflow scheme is not shared with with other projects, so you don't impact other projects with your copied WF.
6) Once applied the copied WF, publish the WF add change.
Best, Joseph
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.