Being an Confluence Admin I have provided the View and Edit Access. But it seems not working for those users. Any help would be appreciated.
Note: Few wiki pages its not restricted and its available for everyone.
@John Vincent , where are you adding permissions? At the Space level or page level?
Permissions within Confluence follow the hierarchy of the Space & pages. Users need access to the Space first, and then the pages. If you restrict access to a page and then try to give access to a child page, it won't work.
Space
|- Page 1
|- Page 2
|- Page 3
To view Page 3, the user need view for every thing above.
cheers -dewitt
Thank you for the response. I have tried both at the space level and page level. When I try to add page level (Page 2) I could not see any restrictions. when I try to Space level (Page 1) then there was option to provide access. However users are unable to access after I provision the access. Any recommendations?
Unless there is some security risk , We usually try to leave the permissions wide open.
Can you users access page 1?
Team is unable to access the Page 2 sometimes Page 3 and few users unable to access wiki Overall. Not sure reason behind it
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.