I created a screen when transitioning from In Review to Done, but only want my custom field to be completed but not the Comments section.
Is there a way to hide or disable the comments section from the screen and only show my custom field?
Hi @Hines Trulock
You can remove the comment box from a transition screen by removing the user's permission to comment.
You can do that using project permissions, or by adding workflow properties to each status in a workflow.
If I remove the permission to add comments, then wouldn't that disable any comments from being created?
Also, can you explain more about adding a workflow property to remove the comment section?
You need to add below property to the workflow stage.
further reading https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-workflow-properties/
jira.permission.comment.denied
I tried that and it didn't work. I tried on the transition properties as well as the status properties.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.