When importing from a CSV file into JIRA tickets, is it possible to include a line break in a text that also appears as a line break again in the JIRA ticket? (Attempts with \n\r or <br> were unsuccessful).
Hi @Jack Brickey I tested the following values in my CSV File, but in JIRA Ticket there is all in the same line.
"First Line \\ second line"
"First Line (two spaces)
second line"
"First Line \n\r second line"
"First Line <br>second line"
Hi @Peter Velroyen , welcome to the community.
I am unsure if you have seen the following post but it might assist you in your efforts. Convert-Line-Break-Character-to-Line-Break-in-Description
I haven't attempted myself. If I get some time today I will give it a go.
Even though I’ve imported data from CSV several times, I always come across scenarios where the data ends up not getting imported the way I expect, and I have to spend time to figure stuff out. Personally, CSV import is the last resource—unless it’s simple enough.
My two cents:
One way I found to go about CSV imports that have been working well for me it’s using VS Code with the Edit CSV extension. I’ll leave the Extension ID (janisdd.vscode-edit-csv) for your reference if you want to test it out.
CSV (plain text)
CSV (Edit CSV Extension)
I import it using the External System Import. This way, I don't usually have issues with line breaks. You can give it a try.
Cheers.
Ivan, thank you, I will try....
It works for me without the "", just like this:First line\\ Second line\\ Third line
I just tried this and it did not work, I wonder if there's a different trick to try?
@Mir O_ your description worked for me!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.