I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to the Issue Type Screens for a Jira project or if I really even need them.
I have a project created for Change tracking. What I was expecting to see was that a user would open a Jira ticket, fill out the information.
The Workflow has the ticket waiting for approval after creation.
The manager(s) open the ticket and review the change request and if approved they assign the ticket to an engineer, or they can reject the the change. But when they click to change the status field, an edit screen pops up and they have to make the change there, instead of just changing the status in the ticket.
This also happen for users who are working the tickets, anytime they change the status field they get a popup window where they have to make the actual change.
I would rather just have the users that interact with a Jira ticket just make the change in the actual ticket and not have make the changes in the popup windows.
Is this due to having Issue Screen Types?
can I just delete the Screen Types from the project?
Thanks for any help!