I work for a mid-sized company, where all support is done through Jira. Customers sent an email to a seperate alias, which ends up in the Jira inbox as issues. We reply on these issues by typing our response and hitting 'Reply to customer' > Save.
It happens more often that our customers take their original message and edit that by adding sentences in between. They seem to reply on the entire thread in their email client and press 'reply' to send that back to us.
It now seems that Jira skips the part of the email that is 'resent' by the customer. We often get emails that say something like: 'Hey, I have added my answers on the questions down below next to your comments' and nothing shows up for us.
Is there a way to disable the 'auto-deletion' that Jira does, or could the issue be elsewhere? I am a relative novice user of Jira, so if there is any pointers towards fixes or documentation, they are much appreciated!
Kind regards,
Hermen