I cannot seem to get a good json example for adding an internal comment to an issue.
Hi @Cyberlogic Integration User
Do you mean for Jira Service Desk, as described here?
https://docs.atlassian.com/jira-servicedesk/REST/5.0.0/#servicedeskapi/request/{issueIdOrKey}/comment-createRequestComment
Kind regards,Bill
This one https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-comments/#api-rest-api-3-issue-issueidorkey-comment-postBut i cant see how to add internal comments.
I believe "internal" refers to JSD comments, and "visibility" is used for Jira Cloud comments. Visibility is described in the link you found and you can select the group or role who can see the comment.
I tried the json as provided and received an error, because it does not provide more information. "visibility": { "identifier": "Administrators", "type": "role", "value": "Administrators" },Is Administrators default for all admins working on issues? Or is Administrators specific to some system? Where can i see the groups or roles i can specify here?
This is the error i got.
When i remove that part, then it posts the comment, but not only internally.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.