I have a requirement where I need to filter defects and bugs from the issues , currently i am using https://XXXXXXX/rest/api/2/search?jql=project=Proj1&ORDER%20BY%20Created
this returns me all the issues - when I try to filter the defects in issues it return me all the issues and not the defects (or bugs) which I have added in the filter . when I try it from the Jira portal I am able to filter them using the issue-type in (Defect,Bug).
Hi @Dean Jones,
The search parameter in your url ("?jql=...") indeed literally returns all issues from Proj1. You should update that parameter with the part that you mention. To get the exact syntax, you should include the AND issuetype in (Defect, Bug) part as well.
If you execute the search in Jira, look at the url in your browser. It will help you construct the right syntax pretty easily.
Hope this helps!
Thank you @Walter Buggenhout it worked like a charm!!!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.