When I upload an application to local jira, jira shows error
```
Cannot install file https://f969-115-206-136-194.ngrok.io/atlassian-connect.json。Please check whether the file is valid
But I can upload it to Jira Cloud, and see the application
Hi @iPotato and welcome to the Community!
Jira Cloud and on Prem (server / data center) are different technologies. I am not sure what app you are trying to install, but if it is from the marketplace, make sure to download the version for the proper platform. It is not necessarily so that a server or data center version of a cloud app is available or vice versa.
Hope this helps!
I want to upload custom application by Jira Connect like
{ "name": "Hello World", "description": "Atlassian Connect app", "key": "xyz.example.myapp", "baseUrl": "https://f969-115-206-136-194.ngrok.io", "vendor": { "name": "MyComp", "url": "https://my.comp.com" }, "authentication": { "type": "none" }, "apiVersion": 1, "modules": { "generalPages": [ { "url": "/index.html", "key": "index", "location": "system.top.navigation.bar", "name": { "value": "Greeting" } } ] }}
Here is the tutorial
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/getting-started-with-connect/
Hi @iPotato,
connect is a development platform for cloud, as that tutorial page clearly states. It is not for server or data center. You mentioned in your initial question that the application loads perfectly fine on cloud but not on your local Jira.
Unless I have misunderstood what your local Jira is, it is perfectly normal that your cloud app doesn't work there. If you want to built an app for a data center product, you can get started here.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.