I've been trying to understand how JIRA reporting and gadgets work.
My company would like to be able to pull all reporting from standard JIRA reports (e.g. burndown charts, velocity charts, etc.) as well as from JIRA gadgets (heath check, created vs resolved, etc.).
Some of our squads use statues liked "Staging" or "Merged" to indicate the status of a card before it's pushed to Production . These statuses are for cards that are Dev and manual QA complete but still need to go through automation testing. We want to be able to see progress during a sprint via reports and gadgets.
Is it true that unless the status is "Done" the reporting won't recognize the card as done? I've tried 1) putting the "Staging" and "Merged" statuses in a resolved state, and 2) placing them in the last column on the board, but I still don't think the reporting recognizes them as Done.
Can someone let me know so we can help our teams. Thank you.