Hi,
A new field has appeared when creating issues, its name is Sprint. I would like to know why it has appeared, what is it for, and how can I remove it.
Thanks
Hi Marian
Probably you installed JIRA Agile, it comes with this plugin bundled. You can't remove it because it is used by JIRA Agile.
Hope it helps,
Ricardo Carracedo.
Just to add to Ricardo, has a new field by the name of "Story points" also appeared, as sprint and story points are custom fields part of JIRA Agile (formerly greenhopper)
We use Jira OnDemand and we didn't install Agile. I don't know what this field is for and I would like it to not be visible when creating new issues. Could somebody help me?
If you haven't installed Agile, then an administrator has probably added the field for some reason.
Talk to your other administrators first, to make sure you aren't going to break something they are working on.
Then, you need to think about how best to remove it from your projects - screens, field configurations or context.
I am the only administrator and I didn't add this field. I just need to know why it has appeared in all projects and how to remove it.
I'm afraid that that's a bit of a self-contradiction
Fields will only "appear" if an administrator does something to add them. They can do it with plugins (you've seen Agile mentioned a few times already, but there may be others that add "sprint"), they can add fields, and they can uncover fields that were there before.
But it is something you have done to add it. The field will not just appear, it was enabled in some way by you.
I didn't know what Agile was and we haven't it hired. I have found an Add-on with that name and I have disable it as we didn't ask to have it.
Thanks for your help
I'm having a similar problem: We updated Jira (6.3.2), and Greenhopper (6.2.4.1 to Jira Agile 6.3.12)
As a result, all screens (in non-agile projects) now contain Sprint and Epic Name fields.
Does updating Jira mean you have to manually repair dozens of screens?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.