I posted this question before, but I'm not satisfied with the answer and updating it doesn't seem to garner a response so here it goes again.
I have connected an email address to JIRA so that users can submit bugs to us from an email message. Because this could be sent from literally anyone (even non-JIRA users, our end-users - who do not know about jira and never will) I want to be notified of issues created via email.
In my previous question I was directed to setup a Notification Scheme, which I did. I currently DO get notified of issues created via email, but only because I had to set the scheme to notify me of all my changes.
Now this is NOT ideal and produces a lot of unwanted emails. Every time I edit a case, I get emailed - why would I want that? I made the change myself. I do not want to be notified of changes I make in JIRA. I only want to be notified of issues created via email.
Is this at all possible? Please help, my email is flooded everyday with dozens upon dozens of JIRA emails notifying me of changes I make everyday.