Hello,
I have two workflows to separating UAT to its own workflow. Analysis - In Dev - QA then second workflow is UAT UAT approved UAT denied and ready for prod and prod. They will be on sprints will I be able to automatic tickets "completed" in QA and have it go to the next workflow UAT approved or UAT denied and if denied it needs to go back to the first workflow till fixed. Reason we need to break up the workflow is UAT does not move much the business test when they get to it and its been breaking out sprints for the developers. I need to know if its possible to link a story to two workflows?
Hi @Esmeralda DeArmas , to answer your question of whether a story or any other issue type can be associated to more than one workflow the answer is no. However I don't think that's what you need in this case. If you are using CMP projects you could have two transitions out of QA one called accepted and the other rejected each of which would lead to the appropriate next status. If this does not make sense or you need further assistance please let me know.
Hi @Esmeralda DeArmas - No you cannot tie two workflows to a single issue type in the same project. As a potential alternative, you could...
Hi - Yes I am interested in understanding more especially since I wont be able to use two workflows
I would recommend what Mark mentions below whereby you have a scrum board for your developers and a kanban board for your QA team. You could consider development issue complete when it reaches the "ready for QA" status. This would be the right most status in your scrum board. The QA kanban board would begin with "ready for QA". The other option that I found to be more useful in most cases is to actually have a separate task for the testing. So once an issue reaches done from a development perspective the QA issue is linked to it and can be moved into a ready for QA status. If the QA fails it goes back to to do status and a bug, separate issue all together, it's opened unlink back to the original development task. In this way the bugs can be managed independent of the actual development effort.
Our current workflow is Analysis, In Dev, Code Review, QA, UAT, Ready for Prod, Prod, was hoping to make two workflows that worked together so the sprint would not be broken every sprint since UAT tickets sit for months.
But if I have a workflow that is "done" in QA then the kanban workflow that would be QA into UAT and ready for prod etc that still would be another workflow no?
Hi @Esmeralda DeArmas
I have very similar use case. Is your problem solved? If yes, then do you mind sharing steps with me?
We have similar workflow like you mentioned and business UAT takes long to complete, but that should not hold my sprint completion.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.