Hi.
From the "here" link in @mszpyra comment in this question, I have unintentionally joined ecosystem.atlassian.net.
How to get out of there ?
Hello there,
Welcome to the community!
The ecosystem.atlassian.net Jira instance is an open instance where anyone can create new tickets there.
The fact that you have access it, doesn't mean that you joined it.
Basically, the Ecosystem notion is simply referring to the whole system around Atlassian. All resources for users, admins, developers, any type of asset or data, product... is part of the whole thing.
Atlassian is building a strong Ecosystem and a lot of examples of its components are listed on Ecosystem Jira landing page:
https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa
You can read "addons", "dev tools", "documentation", here Community is also another item in the list and all of us, including you are part of the Ecosystem as users, customers, admins, devs, employees.
Hope it clarifies your quesitons.
Kind regards,
Carlos
Hi @carlosughini
thanks for information what ecosystem.atlassian.net instance is capable of. But it didn't help with question, for to leave this instance.
I also joined this instance and now I would like to go, sadly, I am not able to. It's not true that we didn't joined it, we needed to ask for access and then we received "Thank you for joining notification/e-mail". Our Atlassian account are definitely in Users list of that instance.
Can you provide us some info how to leave this Jira + Confluence instance?There is no Contact administrators form defined in this Jira + Confluence instance. It's possible at least to create these forms?
The main problem is that this ecosystem.atlassian.net instance flooded our Atlassian accounts with so many useless things we do not need (products list, projects list, more list, dashboards, administration, instances, etc.). It is also a GDPR violation, because information from our profile are shared with this instance (we can't take back our consent by leaving this instance) and vice versa (I can search other people in this instance, their companies, locations, activities...) That is insane, not to be able to leave instance whenever you want to.
Thank you for any help from anyone in advance.BRTony
Hi @carlosughini - I have the same issue. I did not intend to join the ecosystem instance, but I'm now in it anyway and with seemingly no way to leave.
In addition to @Anton Stancik 's great points (from exactly 1 year ago), with our Jira integration tools the ecosystem.atlassian.net instance appears alongside our company private instances and which presents a huge risk of unintentional data leakage.
It's nice that you've opened up a public Jira to let people experiment, but there MUST be a way for people to leave it also.
How is it that there is no contact for requesting removal?
Same problem here. Let me get out of it!
Anyone figure out how to be removed from this instance? There does not appear tobe anyway to contact the administrators
Is there any update to this? I'm in this situation now too.
I had to raise a support case through our private instance and they were able to remove me from this ecosystem space.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.