I've used confluence in the past, but it was not set up in a way that made it easy to navigate. I'm at a new company now and we want to use Confluence for pretty much everything for our IT department. We are using Jira and understand how they integrate which is why we chose Confluence. The problem is that we just don't know where to start. I thought if we could first determine what spaces we would like to have we can then work our way down to the pages within those spaces. Some of the spaces we mentioned were:
- Do you create one for each application or once space for all applications?
- Do we have a space for the various teams (scrum teams, developers, QA, etc)?
- Do we create a space for each business unit or once space for all business units?
- etc.
One of the problems is that for example, we could have a project for a specific business unit being worked on by a specific scrum team for a specific application. So where should those documents live? I spoke to them about using labels but either I didn't explain it well enough (which is very possible) or they didn't think it would work. We just don't want a mishmash of documents all over the place with no organization. I'm hoping someone can help.