Hi All & @Bill Sheboy ,
I wanted to setup a board with the below requirement. I have tried multiple JQL queries and even tried applying few automation rules. However, it ended up in partial success outcome which indeed not fulfils my original requirement
My company is not authorized nor allowed to use any add ons nor additional apps from market place. So I am looking for a best solution for my query.
Below is the requirement details:
Project: XYZ
Issue Type needed in Board: Dependency task
Conditions: When Parent task 'status' transitioned to "ABC" status, a custom field in Dependency Task captures the Parent task status.
Logic I applied: Via automation, When status transition to ABC, a custom field created in Parent task get Edit field with ABC.
And 2nd Automation I have set was when Issue field updated, Branch condition "For Dependent Task" Then update issue field "Custom Field" (Copy from Parent issue).
1st Automation is working and 2nd is not giving any results.
Kindly review and advise if there is any simply JQL query where I can filter using parent status or best approach to tackle this.
Regards,
Rahul Jith

