I want epic statuses to be updated automatically reflecting the status of its children issues.so there will be no need for manual updates of issues that do not appear as cards on the boards.
I tried the above attached rule and it is success but I could not find any changes in my Epic parent.
1.When all the tasks are move to "TEST" then epic status move to "Test"
2. When all the task moves to Closed with resolution "Done" then epic status move to "Done"
3. When the first task is moved to "Inprogress" or "Test" or closed with resolution done, the epic status move to inprogress.
I tried the following automation rule but it is not working for Epic Parent.
When: Issue transitioned
For : Epic( Parent)
- Condition: Related Issues Condition
- Related Issues: Sub-tasks
- Condition: All match specified JQL
- JQL: status = Done
- Condition: Issue Fields Condition
- Field: Status
- Condition: does not equal
- Value: Done
- Action: Transition issue - Done
Appreciate your help