Hi, I would like to ask if my teory regarding this article is correct...
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/resolve-jira-service-management-permission-errors/
There is information about critical errors.
Since I want to restrict all customers and suppliers from access to our projects I believe that these "critical issues" are not issues. How much can they cause somewhere else? Because we do not want portal, neithers chat neither anything else. We just want to receive tickets from them and then open tickets on our suppliers. We do not want them to see anything other then what we share in emails with them. Also I am not sure how permission create a comment or create issues will affect creating issues from tickets if this will be restricted from Service Project Customer - Project Access?
Thanks
Hi @Jan Šimek , Welcome to the community!
Pushing the article aside, it sounds as if you simply want to use email for all communication between your agents and customers. You can certainly do that by not creating any request types other than the one you use for the email channel. Be sure to hide this request time from the portal. You can also edit the customer notifications to simplify what they will say. Now if you have any issue key or link in your communications back to the customer then they would resolve to the portal. However they wouldn't see anything there because you haven't provided any ability to create issues there.
Hi @Jack Brickey
what do you mean by request time from the portal? Right now I am strugling how to setup a project which will be from our side to suppliers - just purely sending tickets and receiving their emails in comments. I am not sure how to define to the system where shall the email be sent.
Sorry Jan that was a mistype. I referred to request types.
Have you followed the documentation as yet? jira-service-management-cloud
without understanding what you have tried and where you are stuck it's hard for me to help exactly. Have you been able to set up an email channel for your customers to be able to open and comment on issues? Ultimately it seems that is your goal. And you want to avoid your customers using the portal at all. Do I understand this correctly?
No problem.
Yes, exactly. I have set Incoming Mail settings and all permissions in project, as well as I have deleted access from portal and changed it "under construction" as Jira does not allow to delete it completely. I have setup workflow as well and it basically works this way:
Ticket comes from customer to one of our Customer related project I will work on it and then through another project which is used for suppliers I will resent reworked ticket to our supplier. I have banised using external database for list of customers and suppliers, but we will be using PROJECT → ORGANIZATION → CUSTOMER scheme. So basically customer for customers related projects and customers for supplier related projects. So it should mean, that customers - list in project will be used as a starting point for sending them the ticket. From what I have thought, incoming side (customers) of this is quite clear. Based on contacts in organizations projects will be pulling out emails from one inbox and creating a tickets. Now for outgoing side (suppliers) it is hard for me to imagine how will it work. I know, that I will create a ticket myself and then by putting exact ticket in the comments as a reply to customer it will send them a ticket.
But what I am not sure about is by which field or by which custom field to tell to the system, where he should send a ticket? I mean I know I can put there an organization, but I dont want to sent to all organization, but to exact email - for example: noc@example.com, you got my point? So I am basically worried, which field will be used for sending the reply. If I will put there somewhere customer field how do I know which email will he use, if there will be more emails under organization? Or how to specify one exact? Also I am a bit strugling with the fact, that as all these "emails" are sent as a notifications, there will be no backup in the email as well... So if for whatever reason all these project would be deleted in the future, we have no backup as we have right now.
You got my point?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.