Hello all,
Using automation, I'm trying to get the ID of a specific comment to delete it.
So what I want is:
- Resolving Issue A creates a comment in Issue B
- Using automation, I can get the ID of the specific comment in Issue B
- Using automation, I can delete the comment in Issue B
Where I am is:
- Resolving Issue A creates a comment in Issue B
- This comment includes the issue key and is a URL to the issue in Jira (see image)

I am stuck here. I can't seem to get the comment ID. I am using the following smart value.
{{#comments}}{{#body.startsWith("text"){{id}}{{/}}{{/}}This smart value does work. It works when the comments starts literally with text. However, I want to use a smart value instead of "text", but it doesn't work and I get an error message. So it would look like this.
{{#comments}}{{#body.startsWith({{triggerIssue.key}}){{id}}{{/}}{{/}} I have tried variations but I only get error messages in the log.
