Hi,
Is there a way to display description from custom field in Forms or any other way to add static text? I would need to add explanation for each field.
I tried for issues and it works there but I couldn't figure out how to display in Forms.
click on forms in the project settings then add the field you want. On the right side of the screen you will have the ability to enter in the description.
Hi,I have the same issue as OP and the response here looks totally different to what I'm seeing...Any ideas on how I can get the description I've added to the fields when creating them to show in a form, like they do in the standard Jira screen?
Check the screens in the project to make sure "description" is in there
Hi @Gomez, Daniel ,The issue here is not the Description field, but rather the value in the description when you create a custom field. If you look at OP @Sebastijan Bauman 's post, there is a description given under each field in a Jira screen, but when creating a form relating to that same issue type, the form doesn't show those field level descriptions. They can be used those to store helptext, that helps users to understand what data needs to be entered in the field, but it is not coming through on the Form. It sounded from your reply above that it should, so I was trying to find out what I'm doing wrong, as I face the same issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.