Hi,
I'm currently looking for a possibility to show the values of an referenced object within the object. you can compare it best with a VIEW in a database.
Example:
Object Type: Printer
Attributes:
- Name [Label]
- Serial
- Model (Reference to "Printer Models")
- Manufaturer (Value of the referenced Object in "Printer Models", of the referenced Object in Manufacturer)
- Article Number (Value of the referenced Object in "Printer Models")
Object Type: "Printer Models"
Attributes:
- Name [Label]
- Manufaturer (Reference to Manufacturer)
- Article Number
At the moment I have created an Automation Rule which does the Job.
Rule:
When: Object updated
If: Object matches IQL: objectType in objectTypeAndChildren("Models") AND "Model" IS NOT EMPTY
Then: Lookup objects: "Name" IN ("{{object.Model.Name}}") AND objectType in objectTypeAndChildren("Models")
And: Edit object attributes: Manufacturer --> {{lookupObjects.Manufacturer.Name}}
The Rule is working very well, but it would be nice if I can show the referenced object attributes directly.