Consider this use case:
There is a confluence page that is being updated for the next version, and few people are working on it together. They can see each others updater real time, that's great, but in reality not everyone works at the same time on the same thing necessarily. So how to communicate on changes on the collaborative draft? Well, we can add comments, yes. But the mentioned users don't get any notification as long as the comments stay on the draft. If this is a long-ish confluence page, it's not feasible to hunt the "yellow sections" i.e. comments.
We currently have to let each other know about such comments via another communication methods (e.g. slack). "hey I changed this part, can you please review?". Obviously this is sub-optimal, and not what I have in mind when "collaborative editing" is mentioned.
Think of Google Docs "suggestions" or at the very least the comments that notify users.
Question is: Am I missing something fundamental here? Or does Confluence really not have any of these collaboration features (particularly notification of comments in drafts; it's clear that it doesn't have a "suggestion" feature).
Any help is appreciated!