How can I create multiple subtasks for issuetypes Story, Bugfix and Spike? This was a feature in Jira on premise but seems to be no longer available in the Jira cloud.
Hi,
Welcome to the community.
You can try to achieve this with Automation. In on premise this feature was available with a plugin.
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
This is not a feature on Server/DC, one of your admins set up an automation or script to do it for you. They can do the same on Cloud. I would try to do it with an automation, it's a lot more powerful on Cloud and is built-in.
Okay. Thanks for clarifying. I'll contact our admin with a request to re-create the earlier on premise scripts in the cloud with Automation. Thanks for your help.
Hi Nic,
Can you please highlight some details how to enable automation for multiple levels of subtasks for Jira CLoud.
Thanks,
Amna
It's literally adding several "create sub-task" blocks into the automation. There's nothing more to it!
Hi Nic, thanks for clarifying this. But I guess I'm missing something in the loop or unable to find the exacte triggers and actions. Attaching the snapshot of what I implemented.
Also, let me explain again. I want to create sub tasks of already created subtasks (3rd level of hierarchy) like child tasks of sub tasks. If you could spare out some time and help me in this then it would be great.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.