API: https://my.atlassian.net/rest/servicedeskapi/request
Body:
@thorngje -
Can you confirm that your JSM request form is associated with the specific issue type? In addition, please validate the custom field context configuration to ensure the field is indeed configured for your JSM project/issue type in question.
If both checked out ok, please also ensure the field is also added to the issue screen for EDIT operation.
Hope this helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
That is what I have set. Is it because they are fields on a form? Is this a limitation to API. I have the fields link to Jira fields but when I do a GET t/rest/servicedeskapi/request/AI-xxx
I do NOT see the fields in the response.
Currently, there is an limitation where if you need to retrieve fields (only in the Form configuration), you will need to use the Form (Proforma REST API) to obtain the data. It is not yet been incorporated into Jira/JSM REST API library yet.
If you already linked your Form's field properly to Jira/JSM fields, then you should be able to obtain the data by using just the Jira/JSM REST API calls. In addition, if you look at the issue view UI via the project against the request issue, you should also see the Jira/JSM field that was populated from your Form's intake assuming you did exposed the field to the issue view screen.
Best, Joseph
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.