If a user's permission in a Jira Software project solely allows them to add, edit or delete their own comments in a story, do they require a license?
Hi Dorothy,
You might can try it first as an anonymous user. Here is some guidance.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/allow-anonymous-access-to-projects/
@John Funk @Thank you I will check it out
Hi @Dorothy Callahan ,
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!
For accessing Jira software feature or project yes user would need the Jira Software license.
Good morning John,
So I wanted to confirm what I took away from the document you referenced above and previous responses.
This may be the answer for what I need. Ultimately, we want to be transparent and allow customers the ability to respond to comments but we don't want them submitting requests through any means other than portal.
I hope these all make sense. I appreciate any guidance!
Thank you.
Pretty much yes to everything you have above. For the notifications, they should get one anyway if a comment is added that is not "Internal" meaning only the licensed users can see it.
As far as assignments, you might could create an automation rule that sends an email to the reporter, depending on what is captured for that. If you don't make the customers actually have to be captured in the system (just as a customer and not a licensed user), then it should have the email address of the reporter.
Your husband would have to be a licensed user to view any issues other than ones he has submitted through the portal.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.