Currently, my team uses Basecamp. I was brought on as a project manager and have been working on implementing things that I think will help out their procedures and keep them more organized. One of the things I have been pushing for is a move towards Jira.
I have used Jira at other companies and I think it will help a lot here. However, there is one feature they use in Basecamp that I don't know if it is possible to replicate in Jira. The message boards.
They use message boards to have the customer ask for changes, which I think would be better done in Jira Service Management, as it will actually be trackable, but they also will use Basecamp messages as a communication device that we probably wouldn't want a ticket for.
Sometimes it is just a status update, a question, or sending over finished assets that were requested over a Zoom meeting. On the message you can have comments from either us or the client. Is there something in Jira that can replicate this feature in some way? I'm not sure if I'm overthinking this and maybe they would be ok being tickets?