I am trying to build automation such that as soon as the "Roadmap Item" is set to 'In progress', the rule should change the status of the "Initiative" to 'In Progress'. This is an example query I am using to trigger the automation rule -
issue in portfolioChildIssuesOf(IA-123) and (statusCategory = "In Progress" or statusCategory = Done) and "Roadmap Item Health[Dropdown]" in (Green, Red, Yellow, Blue) ORDER BY key asc
The output of the above query will give me the Roadmap Item which is in progress or done and the Roadmap Item health status is either Green or Red or Yellow or Blue. I am unable to find ways to update the Initiative of the Roadmap Item coming from the above query. I tried using the "For Parent" branching but looks like it does not work when we try to make use of Advanced Roadmap.
Is there any way I can change the trigger issue (in this case Roadmap Item) to "Initiative" on fly using JIRA Automation? If it can be done then I can simply be able to use the "For" branch to transition the "Initiative" to 'In Progress'.
Thanks in advance.