I have a JIRA Business project that I use for task management. When I click the "Done" button, I can't make the Task resolve to anything other than "won't do". How do I default to a task being "Finished" when I click "done"?
If it's automatically resolving as "won't do", that suggests there is a post-function on the "Done" transition in the workflow that is setting the value. I'd check that first and, if present, remove it, and re-configure the transition to require a screen that allows you to set the resolution. You may also want to add a workflow property to the transition to restrict what resolutions are available (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/workflow-properties-189949.html).
If you have the correct permission...
Sounds like you have a post function setting the resolution field. You need to update it. By the way, why do you want a default of Finished, I've had several request to do things that can't be done and to mark those finished would make people think you accomplished what was asked.
hi
you can do it with a update custom field post function. choose resolution and choose what you want it to be.
you need JIRA suite utilities plugin to do this which is free.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities/cloud/overview
I'm using this for my own project tracking. I tend not to put things on the list that I won't do. So "Finished" (or similar) is a more sensible default.
Thanks for the responses, I seem not to have the right permissions to fix this myself. Have pinged our admin.
As Jeremy Gaudet already pointed out, make sure to edit the transition, not the step.
image2017-1-22 15:29:21.png
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.