Hi,
a newbie here.
I see several troubles with Jira Issue ID and would like to understand how this is ok for everyone.
1. There is no way to tell the issue type by looking at the issue ID. The only indication is the tiny icon that can mean one thing in one project and another thing in a different project. There is no text representation of it. It is against all the basics of the usability and I wonder if this can be changed.
2. Issue ID contains the project identifying prefix. So when we move issues from one project to the next, or rename a project, the issue itself has its ID changed.
This is a problem when we need to track items and refer to them externally.
I guess there is some internal ID for every issue and wonder if the Issue ID can be replaced by a custom field that would be a combination of the <issue type> + <running number within the issue type>?
Thank you