Several months ago (10/29/2021, to be exact) I used my Personal Jira account to generate an API Token. That generated token still works to this day.
Today, though, we started trying to generate a token from a special company account in case I ever have to leave my company, and that token does not work. I noticed that while the token I originally generated is 72 characters long, the newer one is only 24 characters long.
Furthermore, I tried going back to my own account's API Tokens screen. There I can see the old token I generated, and when I use it to access the API from my program, I can see that it acknowledges I've used it within a short amount of time. But then when I generate another new token, that new token (which is also only 24 characters long) from the same working account does not work anymore than the token from the new account.
So it appears that this is not an account problem, but a Jira Token generation problem.
Any ideas on what might be going on?