Hello,
I am using Jira Cloud on a chromium-based browser (Brave). I am trying to use automation to create a monthly occurring task, then subtasks that would be attached to the first task.
Example:
On the 2nd Monday of every month, create a new task called "Zone 2". Then create a subtask for "Zone" 2.
I have tried to accomplish this in three ways. First, see below. . .


Second, I adjusted the subtask so it specified the Project and Issue Type to help resolve the "Scheduling Error" shown above. Then I get the error "
| 01/07/22 09:22:52 am (8855633461) |
Test Project |
SOME ERRORS |
1.81s |
Show less |
Action details:
Issues created successfully
Error creating issue
Issue type is a sub-task but the parent issue key or id is not specified. (issuetype)
|

And finally, I tried creating a second separate automation for adding the subtasks. When an issue is created and it matched the "Summary" that says "Zone 2" then create sub tasks on the trigger issue. For whatever reason, that second automation will not recognize that an issue was created and therefore will not run.
If I am doing something wrong, or recommends a better way, I would really appreciate anybody's insight into this.
Thank you!