I have a custom drop down called "delivery date flexibility" with values such as "<6 months (5)" or "<1 month (20)".
Using a Log Action in Jira Automation to try to find the right syntax to use I'm not seeing values as expected.
The line in my Log Action is as follows:
{{delivery date flexibility}} . {{delivery date flexibility.id}} \ {{issue.customfield_10259}} \ {{issue.customfield_10259.name}} \ {{issue.customfield_10259.displayName}} \ {{issue.delivery date flexibility}} . {{delivery date flexibility.displayName}} . {{delivery date flexibility.name}} . {{delivery date flexibility.length()}} . {{delivery date flexibility.replaceAll("(\D)","")}} . {{delivery date flexibility.match("(\d)")}}This returns:
<2 months (13) . 10259 \ \ \ \ <2 months (13) . . . . .
So, these work as expected, so I've got the field name right:
{{delivery date flexibility}} returns the expected value "<2 months (13)"
{{issue.delivery date flexibility}} returns the expected value "<2 months (13)"
{{delivery date flexibility.id}} returns the expected field ID "10259"
These don't work and I expected that they would. Where am I going wrong with these? Ultimately I want to just extract the digits in the braces from the string, e.g. "13" to use in a formula.
{{issue.customfield_10259}} returns null. I expected "<2 months (13)". Adding .name or .displayName also returned null
{{delivery date flexibility.length()}} returns null. I expected "14"
{{delivery date flexibility.replaceAll("(\D)","")}} returns null. I expected "213"
{{delivery date flexibility.match("(\d)")}} returns null. I expected "213"