Epics have been working properly until today when I went to remove an Epic Link and that was not an option. There was no ability in the field to switch to another Epic either. Please let me know your ideas other than recreating the entire Epic with attached cloned stories.
Hi Paula,
I know they are changing things over from using Epic Link to Parent, but not sure where they are in the process. Of if this is even affected by it.
I would make sure that the Epic Link field is on the Edit screen used by the project, but cause it just sounds like the field is not editable to me.
Sounds very interesting...
Good to know but as of today, my Epic Link fields are still working.
I find it interesting that I hadn't heard about this change. I would expect in the cloud version they would just seamlessly replace Epic Link with the Parent one.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Upcoming-changes-to-epic-fields-in-company-managed-projects/ba-p/1997562
Thank you for posting this but my issue that the Epics will no longer take in any children and this might have to do with the name field being changed but I doubt it...
That would be nice
@Paula SusmanI don't know if you figured out what was happening with your instance but I have verified that the new parent link is there and working.
I have been using Epic links and they are still there. I also tried using the parent link as well and have discovered it is an either-or set up at this time. I just set the parent of an issue to its Epic and it no longer shows up in the child issue list. Interestingly weird behavior.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.