We have an automation that is simple... When the issue is created notify XXXX. Users are requesting to NOT have it triggered when subtasks are created. I don't see a way to set for that. Am I missing something? Thanks!
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
My guess is that your emails are being generated by the notification system, not automation.
Projects have a notification scheme, which basically says "when event X happens in this project, email people Y and Z". Issue create is an event that is fired when an issue is created, irrespective of the type.
What I would do is replace the notifications with an automation. Go into the notification scheme and remove the users nominated to get "issue created". Then create a automation that triggers on "issue (but not sub-task) created" and use that to send the email instead.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.