Hello,
When I try to create anything but a user story in an epic, I get the following error message :
The hierarchy is under Admin -> Products -> Advanced Roadmaps hierarchy configuration
But the place you need to look for this is actually in the project. Go to the project you are trying to create the issues in, and look at the "Issue type scheme". What types of issue do you have listed in there? Look at their "level", I suspect you will find you only have "user story" at an issue level, everything else in there will be an Epic, or one of the layers above Epic, or sub-task types.
I found the answer in Project settings > Issues > Types
Then Actions > Edit issue types
Then a new menu appears on the left and I can choose Issue type hierarchy
Thanks !
I had no issues adding stories to Epics for several years, and all of a sudden I started seeing this error that would not allow me to assign an Epic Link to a Jira Story.
When I go to "Project Settings", I dont see any reference to "Issue type scheme". Can you please provide more detail on which page to go to?
Please ignore my request. It turns out our IT department made a change that was applied globally instead of at a project level.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Hello!! I seem to be getting the same error but I cannot figure out how to fix this.... Here is the Hierarchy levels that I have set... How can I adjust so that I have Epic, then Task , and Subtask ...?
I got this error when I tried to update an Initiative with an Epic....but the Epic I chose already has a parent link to a different initiative...
I was trying to give a child two parents.....
So a user error...but the message was quite misleading.
Seems that this message can be triggered due to a multiple failed validation reasons.. maybe these should be listed.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.