What is the recommended practice for tracking a time value in Jira Insights? There is a DateTime field but no Time field. The DateTime field requires a Date. I want to track a time like 8:00 AM.
Also, what about tracking a duration? I have fields that represent time durations like 1h 5m for 1 hour and 5 minutes.
More Detail...
I am importing multiple objects into Jira Insights that contain time values (like 8AM) that are not date specific. For example, a list of batch jobs with their planned start times.
I also have objects with duration values (like 1:05 to represent 1 hour and 5 minutes). For example the Expected Duration of a nightly Batch Job.
I am looking for a way to store these values in Insights so I can present them in a user-friendly format (like 8AM or 1h 5m) but also run queries using their values (like finding all jobs scheduled between 1AM and 3AM that are longer than 1 hour).
So far I have gone with storing time values as text strings in military time: 2:30PM = "1430". For duration values I think I will have to store an integer of minutes (this however will not present a user-friendly value: 4h will be 240m).
I would like anyone to share how they have stored these types of values in Jira Insights and what they found to be the pro's and con's of using their approach.