Why doesn't a Jira Service Management project have the 'Issues' search feature like other projects ?
How do I write queries and filters against a Service Desk project ?
Hi @Michael Green - it does have it, though it is categorized under the Queries as the specified Query/Request types.
RE the queries or filters you can do so here (just replace SITENAME and ServiceDeskProjectNameOrKey)
https://SITENAME.atlassian.net/issues/?jql=project=ServiceDeskProjectNameOrKey
Thank youYatish
@Yatish Madhav Please send me a screenshot of 'Under Queries'.....
You should see something like this ...
@Yatish Madhav I can't see a JQL or Query interface anywhere in your screenshot. Where ?
@Yatish Madhav has already explored most of what I was going to say, but I wanted to add a general usage point.
In Service Desk projects, your Agents are not really expected to be going off to find issues with arbitrary searches, they're expected to be working on the next most important thing they can, which is determined by the queues. They don't want to be spending time clicking on "issues -> enter some search -> find next most important thing they can do"
There's always the option to use the main issue search too.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I don't disagree with your point.... but as someone who has used Jira for many years I found Service Management to be a little too cut down. So whilst acknowledging your point ..... I don't know why you can have an option to explicitly add the Íssues' back into the left bar so its consistent with other 'normal jira projects.
One constant complaint about Jira is that pages have so much on them, they are confusing, so Atlassian are always trying to balance "minimising fuss" against "putting useful stuff on a screen". JSM users are not expected to be using arbitrary searches much, if at all, and the option is there in the menu, so why complicate a screen with it?
Your point that it would make JSM projects a bit more similar to non-JSM projects isn't really a lot of use - you could use the same argument to argue queues should be added to development projects (which do queues with backlogs)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.