Hi,
My main problem: I don't understand how all Atlassian Products work together.
I understand some products. Confluence - is a wiki. Jira is for tickets. Opsgenie - 24x7.
I don't understand what Jira Service Management or Service Desk does. And how all of those products work together.
We are an IT Consulting firm. We want to build a better way how we process support requests. We want a way to manage work from the time ticket shows up, up to all the way until that work gets billed for.
I don't think our problem is unique. I see Atlassian servicing support requests with a nice flow. We want something similar.
Here are more details:
Some work comes in as client requests (emails, calls, meetings), and some we discover on our own (manually or using our monitoring tools).
Some requests are urgent and some are not. So we need a way to intake normal requests which simply would become JIRA tickets, and some need to hit OpsGenie and wake someone up.
- We also want to:
- Manage work better: create tickets, allow clients to submit tickets and get status on the ticket, assign to our team members, track hours/SLA, pull up wiki entries so clients can self-service (wiki is probably on Confluence)
- auto add tasks: example: do X every 30d, or do Y every day.
- 24x7 on-call management - that's OpsGenie
- Resource scheduling, so we know what our capacity is. And that particular request ABC can in the queue and we will get to it on day 8. Something like that.
- Client on-boarding. As we bring new clients in, we have a ton of questions we need to get answered and then pass along to our team. This may be outside of Atlassian though.
- I am trying to build a system, where our client's servers send alerts, some need to get into JIRA. And some need to be escalated through OpsGenie. But I don't understand which Atlassian products are needed to do all that.
Can you help? Is there someone I can talk to?
Thank you!