Hi all,
We're importing issues into own developed application. For each issue, we need to calculate the current active sprint for that issue.
The sprint field is a list containing all sprints the particular issue was ever in. We need to identify the current sprint the issue pertains to.
This is not as easy as it sounds, since we can have more than one sprint open at the time, so if an issue is moved from one open sprint to another, how do I determine which is the correct active sprint? As we also handle historic data, restricting to openSprint alone will not work for closed issues (the sprint from which the issue is closed is the relevant one in this scenario.
We assume, we could check against the list of sprints to find which open sprint a particular issue-id belongs to, but that seems rather complex and time-consuming...
What we would prefer is just a simple attribute on the issue itself, active sprint or last active sprint? Or can we assume that it's always the last sprint in the sprints field?
I hope the above gives sufficuent insight into what we are trying to accomplish.
I'm not the developer, so it's hard for me to share code or XML examples, but I can get that if need be.